What could you do to raise some funds to help us to continue to provide friends for elderly dog lovers across our region wherever they need them?
We are particularly important at this difficult time, where new and creative ways to keep in touch with our isolated, elderly friends are really necessary and people will really need to have friends, physically back in their lives, whenever it’s possible again!
Here are some fun ideas… but the possibilities are endless!
- Run, walk, skip, hop, cycle for 2.6 km or 2.6 miles around your garden or neighbourhood
- Do 26 press ups (with or without a dog on your back ) without stopping
- Do an online exercise class, walk your dog, dance around your house for 26 minutes
Or for something less strenuous, how about one of the following:
- In 26 seconds… make an omelette, hold a plank, balance something on a part of your body
- Do a sponsored silence, give up sugar or chocolate or drive family and friends mad with sing-a-thon for 26 hours
- Or how about 2.6 inches? Brave the chop or big shave to support Wag. Why not entrust your isolation buddy with a pair of scissors and let them loose on your hair?!
And some ideas for children:
- Draw a picture of 26 different dogs in red bandanas
- Bake 26 cupcakes for your family
- Read 26 pages of a book out loud
- Plant 26 seeds or flowers in your garden
There are no limits to how you can take part in the 2.6 Challenge, as long as you’re looking after yourself and keeping to the government guidelines on social distancing and how to exercise safely during this time.
Whatever you choose to do, please share videos, photos and fundraising pages on your social media using the hashtag #TwoPointSixChallenge and of course please remember tag Wag too.
Just click here or on the image below, and select Fundraise…
Good luck and thank you so much for your support!