Our volunteers and their special dogs are at the heart of everything we do and we are always looking for new visiting Wag Teams across the North East; we have older people waiting across the Region.
It only takes a couple of hours most weeks to make a big difference to someone else’s life and we’ll make it easy for you and your dog to safely volunteer.
To join us, you will need:
- to be over 18 years of age; 16-18 year olds can be assessed to visit alongside a family member who is already a volunteer;
- a dog who is at least 18 months old, who you have had for at least 6 months and who has a good temperament and level of behaviour – see our suitability section;
- to flea, tick control and wormy your dog monthly and to vaccinate them against core diseases using vet approved methods and/or products;
- an hour or two to spare most weeks
- to enjoy making new friends and chatting to people about your dog
- to be dependable and sensitive to the needs of older people
- to pass a Disclosure and Barring Service check at Enhanced level (ex Criminal Records Bureau)
- to be happy to complete a very short, easy to complete, visit report online after each visit