Our volunteers and their special dogs are at the heart of everything we do and we are always looking for more Visiting Wag Teams to visit older dog lovers across the North East; there are people waiting right across the region.
It only takes a couple of hours most weeks to make a big difference to someone else’s life and we’ll make it easy for you and your dog to safely volunteer.
To join us, you will need:
- to be over 18 years of age; 16-18 year olds can be assessed and visit alongside a family member who is already a Wag volunteer;
- a dog who is at least 18 months old, who you have had for at least 6 months and who has a good temperament and level of behaviour – see our suitability section;
- to flea, tick control and worm your dog monthly and to vaccinate them against core diseases using vet approved methods and/or products;
- an hour or two to spare most weeks
- to enjoy making new friends and chatting to people about your dog
- to be dependable and sensitive to the needs of older people
- to pass a Disclosure and Barring Service check at Enhanced level (ex Criminal Records Bureau)
- to be happy to complete a very short, easy to complete, visit report online after each visit